“We always knew that project portfolio management, resource allocation planning and capacity management were possible, PM providers and WorkEngine made it a reality.”
-Thomas Baggett, Jr. VP of Managed Care Services
HMS had the need for a project management system that would allow them to improve the following project management disciplines and processes:
- Resource Planning- HMS needed a tool to help them efficiently and effectively deploy resources to leverage appropriate expertise and skill sets and maximize return on human resource investment.
- Resource Capacity Management– HMS required resource allocation and capacity planning on a daily basis to ensure their resource management needs were being met for a rapidly shifting and growing project portfolio.
- Resource Analysis– Due to the rapid shifts in project priorities, HMS required visibility into all projects and resources with the flexibility to easily reschedule work or resources to relieve current schedule constraints.
- Resource Reporting– HMS needed to properly analyze resource reporting outputs to ensure their resource management disciplines were effective in resolving all resource management pain points.
- With the guidance and expertise of trusted EPM Live Partner, PM Providers, HMS was able to design, configure, and deploy the system to support HMS’ portfolio of more than 50 concurrent projects.
- EPM Live provided HMS real-time reporting, resource capacity management, and portfolio prioritization capabilities using a cloud-computing environment.
- This system integrates with Microsoft Project 2007 as well as web-based project planning functions, and includes SQL Reporting Services reports, on-line charting, executive dashboards and graphical KPI’s.
HMS leverages WorkEngine’s Resource Planning tool to view availability and allocation for all resources within the organization. By combining resource workload on both project and non-project work in a single view, resource managers have a true picture of resource availability. With the Resource Planner, HMS can view Resource Workload across all of their SharePoint sites and project workspaces, view resource availability by time-phase, perform what-If analysis on resource workload and availability, and group resources by attributes such as Department, Roles, etc.